You can enter expressions the same way you see them in your math textbook. Implicit multiplication (5x = 5*x) is supported. If you are entering the integral from a mobile phone, you can also use ** instead of ^ for exponents.
The following variables and constants are reserved:
- e = Euler's number, the base of the exponential function (2.718281...)
- i = imaginary number (i² = -1)
- pi, π = the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter (3.14159...)
- phi, Φ = the golden ratio (1,6180...)
- t, u and v are used internally for integration by substitution and integration by parts
Supported integration rules and methods
The calculator decides which rule to apply and tries to solve the integral and find the antiderivative the same way a human would.